Searching for Keywords
Read Before the First Flight
Product Profile & Key Features
Preparing the Aircraft
Preparing the Remote Controller:
1. Unfold the mobile device holder and adjust its position and angle.
2. Slide the power switch to the right to turn on the remote controller. Ensure the battery is fully charged.
3. Be sure the S1 switch is toggled to the upper most position. The Status LED will become solid green if the remote controller is functioning properly.
Remote Controller Diagram
Flight Status Indicator
Aircraft Status Indicator Blinking Patterns
Low Battery RTH
Failsafe Safety Notices
Attaching and Detaching the Propellers
DJI Intelligent Flight Battery
- The Intelligent Flight Battery must be fully charged before using it for the first time. Refer to Charging the Intelligent Flight Battery on page 18 for more information.
- Note that the output power of the supplied Phantom 3 Standard charger is 57 W.
Read the Phantom 3 Standard Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines before use. Users take full responsibility for all operations and usage.
Using the Battery
- When turning off the battery, the power button may continue to flash for a few seconds if the aircraft is still storing media files to the Micro SD card.
- Ensure the temperature of the Intelligent Flight Battery exceeds 5°C before takeoff. To warm up the aircraft battery, power it on inside the battery compartment for approximately 1-2 minutes before takeoff. Begin flying by hovering the aircraft at a low altitude for approximately 1 minute to ensure that the battery temperature is stable.
- Always turn off the Intelligent Flight Battery before inserting it into or removing it from the aircraft. Air cool the Intelligent Flight Battery after each flight. Allow its temperature to drop to room temperature before charging it.
Remote Controller Profile
Controls and Operation
- Neutral Position: The control stick is released and in the central position.
- The aircraft will hover in place when both sticks are released and GPS is available.
- If GPS is not available, the aircraft will lock its altitude but drift from side to side
Always ensure the remote controller has an adequate battery level before each flight. If the battery level is critically low, the remote controller will sound an alert and its Status LED will blink red for 3 seconds before automatically powering off. If the remote controller powers off during flight, the aircraft will enter Failsafe RTH.
Linking the Remote Controller
- The CE compliant remote controller has an effective signal range of 0.31 miles (500 m) in open spaces.
- The FCC compliant remote controller has an effective signal range of 0.62 miles (1000 m) in open spaces.
- Be aware of your flying distance as the aircraft will enter Failsafe RTH if it flies beyond transmission range.
WiFi Video Downlink
Resetting the WiFi Video Downlink
Camera and Gimbal
- DO NOT insert or remove the Micro SD card when the Phantom 3 Standard is turned on.
- The aircraft must be turned on in order to access the files on the Micro SD card.